This episode is hampered by chesticular sickness, and was made possible by a hot toddy.
To make a hot toddy in the traditional Thwipping Boys way:
- Squeeze the juices from two lemons. Put aside.
- Grab cafetiere (or alternative infusing method), realise as usual that you forgot to wash it after your last coffee. Wash.
- Place a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a small handful of cloves into the cafetiere.
- Place in required amount of boiling water (get a grown up for that bit) for whatever mug you are using.
- Place 1-2 teaspoons of Manuka Honey (minimum 10+ activity rating) into the mug.
- After 5 minutes or so, pour the hot water from the cafetiere into the mug. Stir until you are certain the honey has melted.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add 1-2 shots of whiskey, to taste.
- Stir, and sip while it’s still warm.
Show Notes for Ep. 21 - Chas and Dave
21:13 – One of us thought ACTION COMICS #6 was Grant Morrison finally kicking into gear. The others were not convinced.
32:15 – Another Image #1? Yes please. But can ALPHA GIRL #1 compare to the brilliance of Prophet #21?
37:10 – STORMWATCH #6 was a strong farewell from Paul Cornell which left us wanting more.
45:50 – BATMAN #434 featured an inept Jim Gordon, for some reason.
55:00 – We got something a little bit different with ANIMAL MAN #6.
62:50 – While Animal Man was a bit of a lighter diversion, SWAMP THING #6 threw us deep into the nasty muck headfirst.